Dr. Colleen Wood, MD
Colleen is an endocrinologist, specializing in cystic fibrosis. Her perspective is refreshing in its aggressive nature, highlighting that we are not bystanders in the fight against CFRD and that early diagnosis allows for more control over the disease progression.
Goals and Objectives for the Webinar
- Understand current methods of diagnosis and treatment of CFRD
- Understand the role of CFRD in the overall prognosis of a patient with CF
- Understand further directions in the diagnosis and management of CFRD.
Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes
- Most common co-morbidity in Cystic Fibrosis
- Insulin deficiency state (some insulin insensitivity)
- protein catabolism
- weight loss
- pulmonary function decline
- early death from lung disease
Early intervention = improved outcomes